Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Love Heart Shaped Food

There's just something about food cut into heart shapes that makes me happy. I posted a page from my Martha Stewart magazine on our fridge with all kinds of heart shaped foods to give Evan a gentle reminder of what I want for my meals on Valentine's Day.

Well, he got the hint. We celebrated Valentine's Day today since I go into work at 6 in the morning on Monday and Evan gets out of school at 9 at night. We had such a fantastic day!

It started out with heart shaped pink pancakes.


Then we went to run some errands and came back home and while I got ready and did my makeup, Evan kept bringing me treats he had cut out with the heart cookie cutters. I got heart shaped turkey sandwiches, ice cream sandwiches, and apples. It was so cute! Then I sat down to have a granola bar when I got hungry around lunch time and he noticed that it wasn't heart shaped, so he took it from me and cut some hearts out of it. Unfortunately the pictures of those turned out really weird, but it was cute. Trust me.

When we went out to dinner at this AMAZING restaurant Thai Tip, guess what they brought out?!? A plate of rice made into a heart! Made my whole night.

It was such a great day, I love Evan so much and it was so nice to spend time with him. He makes me so happy and he's so considerate. I love that he took my subtle hint and turned it into a full day of heart surprises.

I hope you all have a great "real" Valentine's Day. We had a great one today!

P.S. It seems like everything I love is food related, right? I just love food! Sad but true.


1 comment: