Monday, February 21, 2011

I Love Paula Deen


I know she smiles like a 4 year old pageant queen, and she used 8 million pounds of butter and she says "ya'll" too much, but I can't help it. I love Paula Deen. Her recipes have never ever failed me. They're always amazing.

I just made her cinnamon rolls this weekend and I must say, they came out tasting pretty dang good. This picture is precooked of course. I just thought they looked so fun and swirly. After they baked, I did panic a bit because when I got them out of the oven they were dry and bread-like. I didn't realize that you have to put the glaze on them to make them ooey-gooey and delicious. I've never made cinnamon rolls. The way I used to make them was to get in the car, go to Golden Pride, order and partake. I think I might still stick with the old way because it's easier, but these tasted awesome nonetheless. Thank you Paula.


Anyway, last year my sisters and my Mom and I took a trip to Savannah to celebrate Kellie's (of Little Bo Bakes) birthday. We went to Savannah specifically to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady and Son's Restaurant. That was the best darn chicken pot pie you could ever dream of eating. I know pot pie doesn't sound like something that would be anything but "eh", but this my friends, was legendary.

I can waste hours looking at her recipes on pauladeen.com deciding which one I should make. Which one I should use all of my caloric intake on for the entire week in one serving. This weekend's cinnamon roll was so worth it.

Have a good day ya'll. Just kidding. Not about the good day, just the "ya'll".

PS I know this is the second post of the day, but I didn't post on Saturday and I just couldn't handle that I'd skipped a day, so I had to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment