Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Whole New Year

A new fantastic point of view. 

No one to tell us no or where to go. 

...Well, except the government.

Evan got selected as an officer in the Airforce!

We're so proud of him and we're all so excited to start this new chapter in our lives! The answer to question of whether he'll be selected comes with a whole new set of questions. When does he start? Where will he be? Where will we be? What does he have to do? That answers to those are...we don't know. We hope to know more soon, but for now we're happy to know that Evan was selected and we know (sort of) what our future holds.

In other news:

Finn started walking!

It's so nice to have him able to be a little more independent. Though, he does get into A LOT more now, but I still prefer it over having to worry about what he's going to get his hands and knees dirty with when he crawls around.

I started CrossFit. 

Sorry for the post work out picture, I know I look all sweaty and gross. Just kidding. That's the only current photo I could find of me. Anyway, it's taking some getting used to, but I think I'm coming around to the Olympic lifting and "functional" aspect of it.

Grandma and Grandpa Ford gave Finn a GIANT bear.

The bear in the photo is not the bear he received, but I have no pictures of him with the actual bear. He loves that thing though. Every morning he wakes up and says "Bi Bu" for Big Bear and squeals in delight and loves on it like it's the first time he's seen it. It's quite adorable. 

Finn finally learned how to drive. 

He can ride his Jeep in style now that he's figured out how to push off with his feet.


Evan and I ripped out Grandma and Grandpa Ford's countertop.

We just couldn't stand the sight of them, so we took them out while they were gone. Just kidding. They got new ones today. Holy heavy Batman! Those cabinets weight a ton. I'm weirdly strong for my size and I couldn't help carry them 10 feet from where we were standing. I'm glad we could help though!

Finn discovered Popcorn and Yo Gabba Gabba.

He loves waking up from his afternoon nap, settling down on the couch, eating some popcorn, and learning why we don't bite our friends.  

I think those are the highlights for the most part. That's our 2014 so far. We hope yours is going great!



No comments:

Post a Comment