Remember those commercials for a phone service, or something, where the guy calls his parents collect and the person says to the parents, "Your Son, Wehadababyitsaboy is calling, accept?". Anyway, I keep thinking of that commercial when I tell people what we're having.
We're having a boy, if you haven't heard or put that together already.
I'm a little terrified, I don't know what to do with a boy. Dresses, makeup, hair, girl talk, Barbies, tea parties, crafts, I know all of that. But sports, getting dirty, digging holes, throwing rocks, laughing at poop jokes (ok, well maybe I get that one), Legos, cars, camping, dinosaurs? Dagh! Looks like I have A LOT of learning to do.
Lucky for me, newborns don't know what they like yet, and I can definitely handle that for a while. Although I gave my niece a bath last night (she's 16 months old) and I was so scared I was going to drop her head in the water, or get soap in her eyes, or have her slippery self drop out of my arms, I think I just might have a heart attack bathing a newborn. Let's hope I can learn quickly.
I'm totally terrified that I have to give birth to a child and then have the responsibility of making them into a decent human being. I didn't' have to get a permit for this or anything! But, I'm so excited to see my little guy's face and hold him in my arms. Half me, half Evan. Can't wait to meet you little guy.
We're having a boy, if you haven't heard or put that together already.
I'm a little terrified, I don't know what to do with a boy. Dresses, makeup, hair, girl talk, Barbies, tea parties, crafts, I know all of that. But sports, getting dirty, digging holes, throwing rocks, laughing at poop jokes (ok, well maybe I get that one), Legos, cars, camping, dinosaurs? Dagh! Looks like I have A LOT of learning to do.
Lucky for me, newborns don't know what they like yet, and I can definitely handle that for a while. Although I gave my niece a bath last night (she's 16 months old) and I was so scared I was going to drop her head in the water, or get soap in her eyes, or have her slippery self drop out of my arms, I think I just might have a heart attack bathing a newborn. Let's hope I can learn quickly.
I'm totally terrified that I have to give birth to a child and then have the responsibility of making them into a decent human being. I didn't' have to get a permit for this or anything! But, I'm so excited to see my little guy's face and hold him in my arms. Half me, half Evan. Can't wait to meet you little guy.
You will do great! You'll get the hang of it really fast, and it will feel like you've been a mom forever. I'm so excited for you and Evan!
ReplyDeleteHe is going to be the cutest little guy. Can't wait for Kaiden to have his new little buddy!
ReplyDelete