Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Things My Sisters Did

As a kid I thought my sisters were the bees knees. They always let me play with them, they were so generous and I just had fun with them. I still find them very bees kneesy and I love them all so much. However, in hindsight there are a few things that weren't very bees kneesy of them.

1. They told me that we were going to play cops and robbers one day and took me and my fellow play mate (not Playmate, play mate) to the back yard. Play mate and I were robbers, my sisters and their friends were cops. Probably complete with my dad's aviators. They locked me and my friend in the dog run, bound and gagged, for a few hours. I could see them in the glass door playing and having fun inside from the dog run, but I assumed that's what the cops do in real life, so they were really just playing along.

2. They told me that they had just eaten dog biscuits and they were good. To prove it, Kellie showed me her tongue and it looked dog-biscuity to me, so I went ahead and had some too. I soon found out that it was not socially acceptable to eat dog treats, so I enjoyed them in secret for a few months after that.

3. They were sitting on the counters one afternoon with their friends eating sheets of Phyllo dough. They told me that it was actually Wax Paper, so I partook. It was delicious! I went back for some wax paper the next day. Fortunately this trick didn't result in my surreptitious eating of wax paper for the following months. 

4. They put me in a kitchen chair, duct taped my legs and arms to said chair and set me laying down behind the couch so no one could find me.

5. They let me play hide and seek with them. While I was hiding in the back of my dad's old truck (if you've ever seen my dad's old trucks, you know they are not a beacon of cleanliness) my dad come over and said, "hey Jacksonolie (one of my nicknames), I don't think they're playing anymore, let's go inside for some cheese and crackers (This sounds like we were a very fancy family, and we were, squeezy cheese and Ritz withstanding)"

6. They bought me dresses from the Gap with their birthday gift cards.

7. They made me a huge banner to hold up at my high school graduation that said something to the effect of "Congratulations Jacquelina la Pinguina" (another nickname), and they cheered really loud and brought me flowers.

8. I came back from recess one day to find a Valentine's Day package on my desk. I was so excited. It was from them and my mom. They also woke me up to find little tiny leprechaun footprints all over my kitchen one year. My family does holidays quite well.

9. Kellie asked if she could write her phone number in Sharpie on my forehead. I said yes.

10. Stacey pretended to be news anchors with me in the car on the way to Utah. Along with going to Santa Fe, Explora, and all kinds of fun places one summer.

Being the youngest was awesome. I love all the memories I have of my sisters and I love them so much!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...My stomach hurts from laughing so hard. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these fine experiences made you into the woman you are. What kind of person would you be without us? ;)

    ReplyDelete