Alright, this post is going to be a rant on my least favorite thing in the whole world right now. Insurance. What a scam!
The guy who came up with insurance and then was able to sell it to millions of people must have been the greatest salesman who ever lived. I can just picture him now with his smarmy suit and smug look on his face....
Ok, you're going to give me a
substantial ahem, small, amount of money. Let's say $200-300 a month. (Pocket change, really). Then, when you go to the doctor, you only pay him a small copay, let's say $20-30 every time you visit. We'll pay the rest! It really is a great deal, right? Right. So once you go to the doctor, you wait a month or so and you'll get a bill from the doctor saying that our company (Ben Dover Insurance Co.) wouldn't pay them. So then you'll call me and I'll say, "Oh, of course we can't pay them. You haven't met your deductible yet." Did I forget to mention that you have a $500 deductible that you have to pay before we'll pay anything? Isn't that a great deal? Well, then you'll finally pay the $500 of your deductible and you'll be square with us! If anything else goes wrong or happens, you're covered. Then your spouse will want to go to the doctor. You'll pay the copay and not worry a bit. A month later, you'll get a bill saying the insurance didn't cover it. Surprise! You're spouse has to pay a $500 copay too! Isn't this a great deal? I'm going to take your money, and then I'm not going to do anything for you. But, maybe, just maybe, if you're lucky, if you to have major surgery, or an extreme procedure, (which, let's face it, could never happen) and we decide we can cover it (which there's a good chance we can't) then you're $4000+ annual payment will pay for itself! Isn't this a great deal?
It is! I'll take it! Please, take my money!!
Boo earns to you, Insurance!
Yes insurance is a pain in the butt.. but trust me.. when you have to take your husband to the emergency room in the middle of the night and you get a bill for a HUGE amount and the insurance covered all or most of it....trust me... it's worth it! Unfortunately you never know when you're actually going to NEED it! But i hear ya girl... I hear ya!
ReplyDeleteAh Geeze...your insurance sucks! Tell Evan to join the military, our insurance rocks, it just takes you a month to get a Dr. Appointment.
ReplyDeletejust be a super human and never get sick. problem solved. :-)
ReplyDeleteAs someone who has had multiple 20,000+ surgeries, we absolutley have to have it. But it infuriates me that we do and that everything is considered "pre-equisting". We should start an insurance company! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's ridiculous! I worked for a Dr.s office and it's terrible. Those deductibles on to of your premium and co-pay are awful! I like your rant!
ReplyDeleteDon't get me started! It has been essential in our family but it is a necessary EVIL. (and we have "good" insurance)
ReplyDelete