Monday, June 27, 2011

A Few Things I've Learned

I usually really like the foods I've always thought I didn't like so never tried. Examples include: cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream (I had a strange aversion to dairy, apparently), avocados, tomatoes, grapefruit, the list goes on.

I don't like music. It's just noise after a while and it bugs me. I do like songs one or two at a time though, so I'm not a total music hater.

I can hike La Luz.

My skin is not permanently white, it does indeed tan when I force it into submission with UV Rays.

I'm extremely sensitive to smells and eating noises. They drive me crazy.

After I eat lunch, my productivity goes to complete garbage and I have to force myself to get things done.

I was not joking when I said I was done with school forever when I graduated with my bachelor's degree.

One week of study for the GMAT is simply not enough.

My mom makes everything the way I like it. She's fantastic.

I'm pretty awesome at sticking to goals with a daily task associated with them. Like finishing P90X, 30 Day Shred, giving up candy and soda for Lent. If I say I will or will not do something for a set amount of days, I will or will not do that thing every single one of those days.

My husband, family, and in-laws are seriously awesome. They support my decisions, give me advice, build me up and make me so happy.

I'm not as popular as I once was.

I let little things get to me WAY more than they should.

The ladies in my church are seriously crafty.

I'm much more witty and biting when it's over IM.

My dad is seriously awesome for making us do manual labor when we were little. I got my current job and a lot of other opportunities because I know how to work hard.

My parents had some really great rules and values that I know I'll use in raising my children.

Albuquerque has great weather, awesome mountains, hot desert, fun activities and great people and I don't want to leave. 

Fridays off are the greatest work related invention ever.

And finally, life isn't so bad. If the worst thing I've got going on is some little annoyance, then life is good.

2 comments:

  1. loved this post! haha Seriously there are some super crafty women at church....wish I was one of them, but oh well! And I want to hear about La Luz trail since Steve and I were talking about hiking it this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. I'm much more witty online as well. p.s. LOVE your top ten summer list. HILARIOUS. We miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete