Well, I was a hater for a long time. Why? Because fall brings winter and let's face it, winter sucks. Being cold is the worst. You can't play outside, you can't wear cute summer clothes, you can't stop shivering, you can't go out without wearing a million pounds of clothes, you can't, you can't, you can't. So, that said, I always dread the start of fall because it means winter is coming. However...I've realized, fall is pretty awesome here in New Mexico.
First we've got the State Fair. Where else can you have a deep fried Snickers covered in chocolate and powdered sugar?
After the fair, Dixon's Apple Orchard opens! Sure, it's an hour drive, but Champagne Apples are amazing and the apple cider is a celestial brew.
The weekend after Dixon's opens, you go straight into yet another bit of Fall awesomeness with McCall's Pumpkin Patch, where you can pick your own pumpkin, take a hay ride, play games and enjoy fall.
And the weekend of/after the pumpkin patch, the ultimate event of fall in Albuquerque is the Balloon Fiesta! It doesn't get better than the balloon fiesta. Waking up before the crack of dawn,
eating an insanely overpriced, not that great burrito, warming up by the flame of the balloon fire thing (I have no idea what that's called.), seeing amazing balloons and taking funny pictures.

After the balloon fiesta you get Halloween! My favorite holiday! We're dressing up with our fun friends the Nuckols as the Scooby Doo Crew. Little K will be the cutest Scooby ever! I'll post pictures when the time comes.
After Halloween, we've got Thanksgiving, eating amazing food with my amazing family, does it get any better than that? Wait, it does. We're going to Disneyland too!
Then after Thanksgiving, I can make one exception to the winter sucks rule, Christmas comes! But after that, it really just goes downhill until spring.
So, in conclusion...
Fall doesn't suck afterall.


I LOVE fall! And winter too!
ReplyDeleteI also love your blog--you should post more often!
Oh man! Looks like we are going to be spending A LOT of time together the next few weekends-and yes, I totally took this whole post as an invitation to all these things with you guys :)
ReplyDeleteI miss you. And Fall.
ReplyDelete